Run the Original Historical Course
Additional Race support:All of our packages include; race entry, entry fee and processing, transportation to and from the Expo, transportation to the start, transportation from the finish back to our hotel, pre-race orientation with review of all details about the race, our own sweep vehicles, our own support station at the half, additional snacks and refreshments at the half and the finish, runner tracking from the start to the finish and a personal photograph outside the stadium.
If you want to truly experience the magic and antiquity of Greece and the Marathon, this is the choice for you. You'll be headquartered in the Aegean resort community of Vouliagmeni. Daily runs by the ocean. Lots of sightseeing, guided tours and Apostolos'superb runner support at the Marathon.
TOUR PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE AIRFAREThe reason for this is to offer you maximum flexibility.
Apostolos Greek Tours, Inc. is not a travel agency but a tour operator specializing in the Athens Marathon since 1994.
FOR AIRFARE AND TRAVEL INSURANCE,PLEASE CONTACT:
*Tia Bielenberg, who is affiliated with Polk CTM, located here in Colorado. Tia can be reached on her direct line, 720-842-0282, Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm MST.
Disclaimer * Tia Bielenberg and Polk CTM are separate entities from Apostolos Greek Tours, Inc. They are independent agents that Apostolos Greek Tours, Inc. is referring its travelers for assistance regarding airline ticketing and travel insurance.
Hang Your Medals with a photo of the Greece medal hanging on a SportHook.
The Spirit of the Marathon II
The first ever feature-length movie of the marathon.
Stand Up for Greece
(the greek people)
Greece is safe to travel
6 Day Tour Itinerary
Here is what you get:
DAY 1 (Wednesday, November 6)
- Travel to Athens from your home city.
- Airfare not included.
DAY 2 (Thursday, November 7)
- Arrive in Athens.
- Airport transfers are provided for you if you are arriving November 7th between 10am and 7pm. We will provide busses approximately ever two hours as arrivals require. If you need a different time, our staff at the airport will assist you with a taxi . Taxi fares are approximately 40 Euros (extra cost).
If you are outside our normal arrival times, we will be happy to arrange for a private taxi/driver to meet you at the airport and bring you to the hotel . The rate for the private taxi and driver is 60 Euros per taxi..
- Staff introductions and orientation. Beverages and hors-d'oeuvres served.
DAY 3 (Friday, November 8)
- 7:30 am. The day begins with an early morning 30-minute run followed by a buffet breakfast (included).
- 8:30 am: City tour of Athens and the Acropolis.
- Lunch on your own in one of the sidewalk cafes in the Plaka. Our guide will escort you.
- Marathon Expo.
- 6:00 pm. Return to our hotel.
- Evening free.
DAY 4 (Saturday, November 9)
- Buffet breakfast, but no early run.
- Morning: leave for Sounion, temple of Posseidon. It dates back to 1,200 BC as described in Homer's Iliad in the Trojan wars.
- Lunch on your own.
- 3:00 p.m. Race day orientation, followed by questions and answers
- 6:00 p.m. Pasta Dinner at the hotel.
DAY 5 (Sunday, November 10)
- RACE DAY!
- After a lite breakfast (included), we'll leave for the starting line in plush, chartered buses. All the pre-race details are taken care of so you can save your energy to run the Marathon, not use it up getting there! We'll depart from the hotel at 7:00 AM
- The Marathon starts at 9:00 am. May the spirit of Pheidippides run with you.
- We provide our own sweep vehicle and track each of our runners
- We also provide our own aid station at the half and at the finish.
- After the race, we'll enjoy a gala awards banquet and party at the hotel. A local D. J. and Greek folk dancers will be on hand to set the tone.
DAY 6 (Monday, November 11)
- Sleep late and enjoy a lazy morning. Buffet breakfast (included) at the hotel.
- Late morning we will visit the Ancient Agora of Athens (next to the Acropolis). We will see the Theseion, the best preserved building of ancient Athens and the Agora Museum.
- Lunch on your own at one of the Plaka sidewalk cafes.
- 5:00pm Return to the hotel
- Free evening to relax, or perhaps enjoy a stroll on the beach.
DAY 7 (Tuesday, November 12)
- Departure from Athens.
- Transfer from hotel to airport is included.
Depart U.S.A.: November 6th
Arrive in Athens: November 7th
Return Date: November 12th
Single supplement: $255.00
(Per person, double occupancy. Single supplement )
Airfare is not included.
All Runs and workouts are optional.
This package does not include airfare.
Thank you for visiting our site!
EMAIL: Contact Us VOICE: (303) 755-2888 FAX: (303) 283-8448