Run the Original Historical Course
Additional Race support:All of our packages include; race entry, entry fee and processing, transportation to and from the Expo, transportation to the start, transportation from the finish back to our hotel, pre-race orientation with review of all details about the race, our own sweep vehicles, our own support station at the half, additional snacks and refreshments at the half and the finish.
If you want to truly experience the magic and antiquity of Greece and the Marathon, this is the choice for you. You'll be headquartered in the Aegean resort community of Vouliagmeni. Daily runs by the ocean. Lots of sightseeing, guided tours and Apostolos'superb runner support at the Marathon.
TOUR PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE AIRFAREThe reason for this is to offer you maximum flexibility.
Apostolos Greek Tours, Inc. is not a travel agency but a tour operator specializing in the Athens Marathon since 1994.
FOR AIRFARE AND TRAVEL INSURANCE,PLEASE CONTACT:
*Tia Bielenberg, who is affiliated with Allure Travel, located here in Colorado. Tia can be reached on her direct line, 720-842-0282, Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm MST.
Disclaimer * Tia Bielenberg and Allure Travel are separate entities from Apostolos Greek Tours, Inc. They are independent agents that Apostolos Greek Tours, Inc. is referring its travelers for assistance regarding airline ticketing and travel insurance.
Hang Your Medals with a photo of the Greece medal hanging on a SportHook.
The Spirit of the Marathon II
The first ever feature-length movie of the marathon.
Stand Up for Greece
(the greek people)
Greece is safe to travel
6 Day Tour Itinerary
Here is what you get:
Our 6 day tour package is happily filled for this November's Athens Marathon.
DAY 1 (Wednesday, November 4)
- Travel to Athens from your home city.
- Airfare not included.
DAY 2 (Thursday, November 5)
- Arrive in Athens.
- Our staff will meet arrivals on Nov 5th, 10am through 7pm and provide hotel transfers. We will assist those arriving outside of those times with a private taxi or regular taxi at an extra cost (private taxi 45 euros, regular taxi: 30 euros. After midnight 10Euros extra. )
- Staff introductions and orientation. Beverages and hors-d'oeuvres served.
DAY 3 (Friday, November 6)
- 7:30 am. The day begins with an early morning 30-minute run followed by a buffet breakfast (included).
- 8:30 am: City tour of Athens and the Acropolis.
- Lunch on your own in one of the sidewalk cafes in the Plaka. Our guide will escort you.
- Marathon Expo.
- 6:00 pm. Return to our hotel.
- Evening free.
DAY 4 (Saturday, November 7)
- Buffet breakfast, but no early run.
- Morning: leave for Sounion, temple of Posseidon. It dates back to 1,200 BC as described in Homer's Iliad in the Trojan wars.
- Lunch on your own.
- 3:00 p.m. Race day orientation, followed by questions and answers
- 6:00 p.m. Pasta Dinner at the hotel.
DAY 5 (Sunday, November 8)
- RACE DAY!
- After a lite breakfast (included), we'll leave for the starting line in plush, chartered buses. All the pre-race details are taken care of so you can save your energy to run the Marathon, not use it up getting there! We'll depart from the hotel at 7:00 AM
- The Marathon starts at 9:00 am. May the spirit of Pheidippides run with you.
- We provide our own sweep vehicle and track each of our runners
- We also provide our own aid station at the half and at the finish.
- After the race, we'll enjoy a gala awards banquet and party at the hotel. A local D. J. and Greek folk dancers will be on hand to set the tone.
DAY 6 (Monday, November 9)
- Sleep late and enjoy a lazy morning. Buffet breakfast (included) at the hotel.
- Late morning we will visit the Ancient Agora of Athens (next to the Acropolis). We will see the Theseion, the best preserved building of ancient Athens and the Agora Museum.
- Lunch on your own at one of the Plaka sidewalk cafes.
- 5:00pm Return to the hotel
- Free evening to relax, or perhaps enjoy a stroll on the beach.
DAY 7 (Tuesday, November 10)
- Departure from Athens. Transfers to airport are NOT included, our staff will help in making arrangements with our private taxi service.
- If you are doing the six day tour and wish to take the optional 1 day, 3 island cruise, you can extend your stay by one day. The extra day hotel stay is $140.00 USD per room per night.
- Optional One Day, Three Island Cruise:
This optional 3 island tour has three ports of call: Hydra, a picturesque Aegean harbor unspoiled by motor vehicle. Poros, with its narrow streets, waterfront cafes, taverns and shops. Aegina, famous for its temples from the Classical Period. Lunch is inclued. Price is $160.00 USD
Depart your home city to ARRIVE in Athens November 5.
Be sure and allow enough travel time from your home city to ARRIVE at the Athens airport on November 5, between 10 am and 7 pm. Check the time differences from your home city to Athens.
Our packages are presented in English and are available to anyone around the world.
Arrive in Athens: November 5th
Return Date: November 10th
Single supplement: $255.00
(Per person, double occupancy. Single supplement )
Airfare is not included.
For our 6-day and 12-day packages we use The Amarilia Hotel, located in the most popular suburb of Athens, Vouliagmeni, a 20-30 minute drive from downtown Athens. It is situated by the sea and the environment is quiet and relaxed. It is a 4 star hotel with all of the amenities; including full bath, television, and wireless internet access. As part of our package, we provide transportation to all of the activities in our private buses. You will not need to use any public transportation.
Our minimal support group stays in a 4 star hotel in downtown Athens about a 10 min. walk from the stadium.
Our 6 day tour package is happily filled for this November's Athens Marathon. We have started a wait list in the event that we have a cancelation(s). If you would like to be added to the wait list, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org; if not, we hope that you will consider joining us next year. Our website will be updated in late January 2016 with our 2016 marathon package information.
All Runs and workouts are optional.
Thank you for visiting our site!
EMAIL: Contact Us VOICE: (303) 755-2888